Friday, February 9th, is the third meet of the season at Pine Island Elementary School (the new school located south of Pine Island at 8749 125th St NW). Home base will be in the Cafeteria.
Parents, we are in need of volunteers to judge Mind Sprints and supervise P.A.R.T.Y. prep rooms at the meet. We would need your assistance from 3:15 PM to 6:00 PM. Then you are free to watch the P.A.R.T.Y. in a Box performances starting at 6:00 PM. Please contact Ms. Poncelet by Wednesday, February 7th, if you can help!
Some things to note:
- We will catch the bus at the Middle School. Meet in the Commons at 2:00 pm and load the bus together by 2:15 pm.
- Remember to bring a sack lunch and beverage (think brain food!). We will have about 20 minutes to eat before starting competition.
- Captains will need to assign who is responsible for the competition kits, paper and boxes. Remember not to have anything in your kit that is not allowed! Captains are also responsible for making sure their competition kit makes it back to KMMS after the meet.
- Parents are welcome to attend the meet. P.A.R.T.Y. in a Box performances will begin around 6:00 pm. Please remember that you may not talk to your parents while the meet is going on.
- IF YOUR PARENTS ARE TAKING YOU HOME FROM THE MEET, THEY MUST SIGN YOU OUT WITH ME! Otherwise......the bus will be waiting a very long time! If you are riding the bus home, please have your ride meet you at the Middle School at 8:00 pm.
- I will have my cell phone with me in case of an emergency...the number is 507-421-8668. I may not hear it ring, but I’ll be able to retrieve a voice message or text and return a call if needed.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Have a great time!
** SIGN OUT PROCEDURE **
In order to take your child home with you from the meet, you will need to put your signature next to their name on the sign-out sheet I will have with me. Since I will probably be judging P.A.R.T.Y. in a Box performances, I will not be back at homebase until after awards. It is imperative that you and I connect in order to ensure the safety and well-being of your child.
If you child is not signed for, they will be expected to be on the bus.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.